Practical Support

The Trust is happy to help landowners in controlling wilding pines.

We are able to provide landowners with further advice and guidance on how to proceed with control, to recommend professional contractors to undertake the work, and to provide logistical support, such as the provision of herbicide, where-ever possible.

The Trust can also support the development of independent funding applications by resident and private groups in the Sounds, and can provide advice on possible funding sources.

However, the Trust will only support work where we believe it is to be undertaken safely and responsibly.

The Department of Conservation and Marlborough District Council may also be able to support worthwhile private initiatives, and can be an invaluable source of advice and guidance.